Monday 10 April 2017

Half Girlfriend - Trailer Review

Hello guys, much awaited trailer of “Half Girlfriend” is finally out and here is my review. If you haven’t watched the trailer yet here it is take a look.


Half Girlfriend is based on celebrity novelist Cheatn Bhagat’s bestseller novel of same name. If you ask me there was a time when I used to be a big time Chetan Bhagat fan but then he became judge of Nach Baliye and he lost my respect and even that was not enough he appeared on Comedy Nights Bachao as a guest so other comedians can roast him and he lost whatever respect left. I understand only one thing writing is one of the most sacred and respected art form so If you are a writer you have to maintain your intellectual integrity you just can’t behave like a television celebrity who  always seek media attention and you are not even supposed to do that.


Now let’s talk about the trailer. Half Girlfriend stars Arjun Kapoor as a small town boy “Madhav Jha” and “Shraddha Kapoor” as a high class open minded Delhi girl “Riya Somani”. Both of them are coming from two whole different worlds and they have only one thing in common their love for Basketball. At first they begin to practice basketball together, Madhav falls in love with Riya knowing that she is way out of his league. Madhav proposes Riya, Riya says “I can’t be your girlfriend but I can be your half girlfriend” and rest of the story follows Madhav’s effort to make Riya his full girlfriend from half girlfriend.


Chetan Bhagat has written many bestsellers and out of all those Half Girlfriend is my second least favorite because unlike his other stories in this story he is not at all talking about corrupt society or rotten education system. Half girlfriend is just a love story and when I was reading that book I could feel that Chetan Bragat wrote this book keeping one thing in mind “This is going to be a feature film one day”.


Half girlfriend is directed by Mohit Suri who is now judge of “Nach Baliye”. Mohit Suri’s specialty is to capture pain of love on screen and he is doing that same thing in Half Girlfriend. He has given Half Girlfriend that “Ashiqui 2” theme where everyone is in pain and shouting and crying. One thing which really stood out for me was Arjit Singh’s soulful vocals in background I simply loved that song.

So all and I liked this trailer and I am waiting for the movie which is releasing on 19th may. Have you watched Half Girlfriend’s trailer what do you think about it please let me know in comments.          




10 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, Thanks for your nice data, the content is quiet attention-grabbing. i'll be expecting your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top 10 Bollywood Comedy Movies of the 80s
    https://www.freshboxoffice.com/bollywood/articles/top-10-bollywood-comedy-movies-of-the-80s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuously ask whether a floor covering cleaning organization has protection. In the event that they do, that implies that you will get remuneration should the organization harm your property while in your home. Don't simply trust them, however. Continuously get confirmation before you permit the work to begin in your home.
    upcoming movies
    latest bollywood movies
    Box Office Collection

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if a car is in your price range, do not forget to consider the gas mileage and annual maintenance fees that will come with your purchase. Many people buy vehicles that they think are affordable, but later they regret it when they see how much they have to pay annually for gas and routine maintenance.
    play bazaar
    satta king
    Satta Result

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get a loan from your bank instead of the car dealer. A car dealership makes a lot of their income selling loans, and because of this, the loans are almost always more costly in the long run. To ensure that you pay as little as you can you should get a loan approved by a bank before you even begin looking for a vehicle.
    play bazaar
    satta king
    play bajar

    ReplyDelete